Monday, March 9, 2009

I Lived In A Haunted House

My house was the coolest of all the houses in my neighborhood.Why you ask? Because my house was haunted. isn't that cool? Well, I think it is, but then again everyone says I am weird. But I still think it is a cool place to live, so maybe that does make me a little weird. Oh well I don't care what people think or say about me anyway.
This is what happens at night in my house. In my mom's room, at night when she is sleeping, her bed is slammed into the north wall of her room. This happens due to the fact that our Great-Aunt Margaret used to live there and my mom's room was her room in the past. She died there. My mom even told me that she would hear choking and gasps at night. Well the night our great Aunt died she got up to get her medication for her heart and fell back gasping and choking and died of a fatal heart attack.
Then in the living room was were another ghost was haunting. There was a old rocker in the corner and it would rock all by itself. The rocker had belong to my moms great grandfather. He loved that rocker so much he would always be rocking in that rocker. When he passed away my grandparents gave that rocker to my mom. She put it in the corner and after that the rocker at night would begin to rock on its own. she even tried to move it to other rooms but it still rocked all by itself.
Now in the basement, that was the scariest place of all. Why? Because the ghost that haunted the basement was not a family ghost, it was the ghost of the original home owner. He was not a nice man, he was a bad man. he hung himself in the basement to escape the wrath of the towns people. He was a child molester and was being chased by the towns folk who wanted to hang him for his crimes. Well he save them the trouble. He hung himself. The place where he had hung himself would always blow lights no matter how new they were.
Of course my bedroom was in the basement, I was always having things happen to me at night and even during the day time too. I would get my butt pinched, my hair pulled, pillows pulled out from under my head and blankets pulled off of me at night. Some times it felt like fingers were being run down my back. One time the ghost even reached out from under the steps and tripped me as I was coming down the steps. I landed on my butt and I was in so much pain that I had to stay home from school that day. Luckily it was a Friday and by Monday I was OK. This went on from age Ten till I was 18. After that the ghost seemed to take on a protective stance with me.
Now do you see why I think my house is the coolest? what do you think? I* bet you think it is the coolest too, don't you?

written July, 2003

No comments:

Post a Comment